Answer the following:
- What is the central idea of your Sustained Investigation
- How do you plan to explore that idea?
THEN, complete your first fully-realized, high-quality, exam-worthy Sustained Investigation piece based on that proposal.
Play to your strengths but challenge yourself. Also remember that it needs to address the concerns of your particular portfolio: Drawing, 2D Design, or 3D Design, so re-read the descriptors for that portfolio type.
Finally, remember that for the AP exam you must demonstrate your understanding and skills in the following (You will be scored in these areas by the AP judges.):
- Investigating the materials, processes, and ideas that artists and designers use
- Practicing, experimenting, and revising as you create your own work
- Communicating your ideas about works of art and design
So consider drawing on your knowledge of artists whose work you admire or who stretch your thinking about art, and try to develop deep ideas for your work.
- Think about your artistic interests and passions.
- Notice what’s being done in the contemporary art world.
- Make research an important part of your art-making process.
- Brainstorm possibilities.
- Be clear on what you will be learning, how you will be growing as an artist.
- Foresee and plan for problems/challenges.
- Be clear on how you will know when/if you are successful.
- Be prepared to discuss your plans and be challenged by your peers.